October 22, 2004
So my company had a Willy Wonka-esque giveaway, where the words "You've Won!" were printed on the inside of some candy bars. And lucky me, I won. So now I have a $50 American Express Gift card to spend on whatever I want. Problem is, I don't know what I want. Any suggestions?
A few guidelines for the suggestions:
- The more impractical, the better. No socks, sweaters or heating bill payments (although the sweater would come in handy if I don't use the money for the heating bill).
- When I run the suggestion past my wife, she can't say "Oh, that's a good idea." I'm looking for more of a "Why would we need that?" type of response. This also rules out any suggestions from my wife (sorry, Amy), unless she can suspend her own practicality and intelligence.
- No putting it toward something, and paying for the rest myself. So total value <= $50.
- The closer to $50, the better. I don't want to have an awkward amount left on the card, unless I can buy another complete item with it (see rule #3).
- Extra points for things I have to plug in
- I swear, if anyone mentions Cornhole Bags, I will track you down and beat the tar out of you.